This team is comprised of a group of dancers who are dedicated to Xpress Yourself and are passionate about performing. These dancers seek to be a part of a team and want to dance beyond the recreational level.
- For ages 7 and up
- Learn as a team 1-2 costumed routines
- Compete at 1 regional competition
- Perform at a minimum of 3 local events
- Attend the Awards Picnic
- Take a minimum of 3 classes per week (1 must be ballet)
- 1 hour of rehearsal per week
- No more than 5 absences for a class and no more than 5 absences for a rehearsal per year
Costume & Attire Requirements:
- XY leotard -pink tights and bun for ballet, tan tights and slicked back hair for all other classes (shorts and other cover ups are allowed when specified by the teacher)
- Specific styles of dance shoes are required
- Responsible for taking care of costumes
- Must learn the Dance Company "look"
- Additional required purchases include: make up kit, rhinestone earrings, Dance Company jackets & Event tickets
Expectations from Students:
- Be a leader
- Work 100% in classes and rehearsals
- Should be able to accept positive criticism and correction.
- Dancers should be positive role models for their non competitive peers
- Dancers should arrive to class promptly and always be prepared - "Early is on time, on time is late, and late is unacceptable"
- Support team members even if you are not dancing and/or not attending an event (ex: sick, injured, etc)
- Dancers should be able to balance their school work and dance schedules
- You are an athlete, make sure to properly warm up, take care of your body, communicate injuries to your parents/teachers and lead a healthy lifestyle
Expectations from Parent:
- Parents must be prepared at all events
- Parents are not allowed backstage during performances and competitions
- Required to volunteer at one recital show
- You're responsible for your child's costumes, accessories, and the XY "look"
- Arrive at an event on time - Call times to an event are mandatory
- After receiving the dance company schedule ofevents you must notify the studio ofany conflicts as soon as possible
- Dancers are athletes - Aid your child when it comes to taking care of their bodies, injuries, and leading a healthy lifestyle